What is Conversation Rounds? 💬
Encourage everyone to get different perspectives about a topic by rotating them through several rounds of conversation with each other.
This is inspired by the World Café workshop.
Every ten minutes, participants will switch breakout rooms and chat about a different aspect of the session’s topic.
After ten minutes, participants will get a message broadcasted into their breakout. That's their cue to move to the next room and the next conversation topic.
This is great for sessions where you have people who don’t know each other very well, or for cross-team collaboration!
How it works
For this activity, you can copy this Miro board and attach it to each breakout room.
Take 5 minutes to explain how the activity will run:
- The breakout rooms will open for 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes, the groups will move location. Room 1 moves to Room 2, Room 2 moves to Room 3, Room 3 moves to Room 1. They will see the time they have in each round on the agenda, and you will also broadcast time-keeping messages to the breakouts.
- In the breakouts, they will find a whiteboard with three areas and three questions. Room 1 will start with question 1. Room 2 with question 2, and Room 3 with question 3.
- For each question and each round, they have a space and sticky notes to capture their insights. They will need to capture notes, doodles, or any other way to visually represent the conversation.
- As they move rooms, they will also move to the next question and note-capturing area. They will build on the previous group's ideas.
- Before the last round ends, each group needs to pick one person to share back.
About the creator
Anamaria Dorgo is the Head of Community at Butter. Her mission is to create a space where facilitators, workshoppers, trainers, design thinkers, and innovation and strategy consultants can team up, share best practices, tackle challenges collectively, and accelerate their careers together with like-minded people. 🙌