What is the Getting-to-Know-You flashcard deck?
This flashcard deck has 20 lighthearted icebreaker questions that any group can use to get to know each other better.
The deck features a combination of either/or, open-ended, and show-and-tell questions:
- Work at home or from the office?
- What’s the hardest part about working virtually for you? The easiest?
- Show us a bit of your office space!
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What’s your number one tip for combating distractions when working from home?
- Best book you’ve ever read?
- If you could learn one new personal skill, what would it be?
- What’s the last great TV show or movie you watched?
- Where do you work most frequently from at home? Your office? Your kitchen table? The backyard?
- What does your morning routine look like when working from home?
- '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s, '10s, now: Which decade do you love the most and why?
- What’s the most embarrassing fashion trend you used to rock?
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- What is your most-used emoji? Drop it in the chat!
- The zombie apocalypse is coming... Who are 3 people you want on your team?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- What is your absolute dream job?
- What’s your favorite tradition or holiday?
- If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your phone, which ones would you keep?
- What’s the most out-of-character thing you’ve ever done?
How to use this tool
Just open up the flashcard deck and invite people to share as you go through the questions. You can answer them all or jump around to your favorites.
In a larger group, you can invite participants to share in the chat, or you can split participants into breakouts, or invite them to share in the chat.
About the creator
Anamaria Dorgo is the Head of Community at Butter. Her mission is to create a space where facilitators, workshoppers, trainers, design thinkers, and innovation and strategy consultants can team up, share best practices, tackle challenges collectively, and accelerate their careers together with like-minded people. 🙌