What are reflective icebreaker questions?
Reflective icebreaker questions force you to look inwards and share some more personal details about yourself.
They serve double purpose, as they force you to reflect on your own experiences while you share with the group.
They’re a great way to break the ice with any group!
How to use this tool
Just open up the flashcard deck and invite people to share as you go through the questions. You can answer them all or jump around to your favorites.
In a larger group, you can invite participants to share in the chat, or you can split participants into breakouts, or invite them to share in the chat.
Here are the icebreaker questions in the deck:
- What’s your worst idea that actually turned out to be a great idea?
- What are the top 3 emojis that best describe you?
- When was the last time you had to improvise something?
- What’s the ultimate life hack or resource you recommend to everyone?
- How do you unwind or update your mental operational system after a tough day?
- What's one bias you recognized in yourself that you're working on dismantling?
- When do you feel the most creative?
- How would your best friend(s) describe you?
- I'm being the best possible version of myself when...
- Final question: what feeling would you like to share with everybody here right now?
About the creator
Kinga Király is a designer, all-around nerd, and accidental entrepreneur based in Aarhus, Denmark, working at the intersection of user interface and experience design, design thinking and project management.