What is the This-or-That icebreaker? 👯♀️
This icebreaker is perfect for medium-to-large groups where you want to quickly form more intimate connections.
You’ll break people out into small groups where they will take turns answering this-or-that questions found in the flashcard decks attached to each breakout.
How it works
Run three breakouts for 5 min. each. Each breakout has a 5-card flashcard deck with questions or "this or that” affirmations.
For each round, people will be put with a different group of 3-4. As discussions are progressing, so will the depth of the questions they will need to answer.
End with a sharing round of how the experience was.
Here are the questions found in each flashcard deck:
First ice crack
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would the slogan be?
- Mountain OR sea?
- Fill in the blanks: I’m lost in the middle of nowhere, and I’m feeling _____ so I think I will ________.
- City OR forest?
- Top 3 on my bucket list/resolution list for the year: .....
Ice gets thinner
- What’s a recent accomplishment you’re proud of?
- Only speak in questions OR only speak in movie quotes?
- If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
- Live alone on a tropical island OR live with other people in Antarctica?
- If you ruled the world, what would you change on Day 1?
- What’s one strange thing you used to believe as a child?
- What would scare me slightly that I could do today?
- Of all your worldly possessions, what would be the hardest to give up?
- If you HAD TO change one thing in your life so far, what would you change and why?
- What personal or professional turning point are you most grateful for?
About the creator
Anamaria Dorgo is the Head of Community at Butter. Her mission is to create a space where facilitators, workshoppers, trainers, design thinkers, and innovation and strategy consultants can team up, share best practices, tackle challenges collectively, and accelerate their careers together with like-minded people. 🙌